KU offers short, concise online tutorials for laboratory safety. All personnel in the Billings lab must take specific required tutorials and are encouraged to complete others as relevant. To accomplish this:
- Navigate here.
- Request a Course Access Link Code here.
- Follow the remaining steps listed for Canvas self-enrollment.
- For our lab, click on the link labeled EHS001 (course name: EHS Safety Training Courses).
- From there, select the EHS001 class and click on the link listed in step 1.
- Look for Kansas Biological Survey under the “school or department” heading, then select “Billings” to be taken to a list of all the required courses for the Billings Lab.
Each course is a series of slides and a short quiz. Passing the quizzes is required. You will need to send a screenshot or copy of each quiz certificate to the lab manager.